Friday, May 30, 2008

I am coordinated, I am coordinated, I am coordinated

I am coordinated... Some one once told me if I set my mind to something and maybe write it a thousand times I could achieve anything. So I am attemting to write myself to coordination. I am coordinated, I am coordinated, I am coordinated. You see, I seem to be in some kind of a dance craze. It all started a few weeks ago when I was leaving the gym. I managed to get caught up in a swarm of elderly, sweaty women. All raving about the class they had just participated in. Zumba. Even the name sounds fun. They all had such fun and such a workout, that I became convinced I should drop the stairmaster and join the madness. Today was my first attempt at Zumba. All the elderly ladies were there and even a few elderly men as well. Zumba consists of dancing, some belly dancing even. If you have never been in a room full of senior citizens belly dancing, you haven't lived yet. I am sad to say I was by far the most uncoordinated one in the room. This simply cannot continue. I am determined to show the seniors up next week. So in an effort to fit in amongst the fellow senior Zumba'ers, Mike and I will be taking a ballroom dance class tomorrow evening. He is overflowing with excitment! And, it is only $5 a piece. Look out Zumba seniors, I'll be back next week, but this time I'm not gonna dance circles around you... While shakin' my money maker!

1 comment:

Camille said...

You can do it, you can do it, you can do it!! I had stopped checking your blog for a while, and was so excited to find a new update. I'm in town, you know, and would love to meet up with ya! You game?