Saturday, July 19, 2008

Actually making progress...

I really had a break though of a week as far as the wedding goes. I'd been starting to feel that it is harder to strive for a colorful, maybe even tacky, wedding than it is to plan the most beautiful of weddings. It has never-not even once in my life-crossed my mind to have a traditional beautiful wedding. It just doesn't fit my personality. Colorful, tacky, now your speakin' my language. But I do want it to have some coordination. On oh Monday or Tuesday I found the bridesmaids dress I had my eye on for several months. The issue had previously been that it didn't come in enough colors. I wanted everyone to have a different color dress. Luck was with me, and there was the same dress, right in front of me, in 5 count them, 1 2 3 4 5 colors. I purchased them instantly and everyone is getting a size large regardless of their actual size. The extremely patient and helpful sales clerk assured me the size part that matters the most with this dress is the chest. Fortunately, all of them are "chesty" ladies. Here's the dress:

I really think it is perfect, and in nice bright colors. I do hope you can see that it is the ideal dress for my occasion despite the small photo size.

I couldn't stop there. I got out of class early the very next day. With nothing better to do I decided to head to the mall and browse for my own wedding dress. Nobody seemed to keen on my birthday suit idea. The second store I stumbled upon. Yep, the perfect dress. Normally, I never would go into such a high end store. But, I was just browsing, so what's the harm. I wrote down all the information went home and searched the net. Guess what I found it for $110 cheaper! So I ordered it.

Gosh, I think I am almost prepared! Amazing!

2 comments:

Camille said...

YAY!!! What a wonderful feeling you must have in your heart right now! Only, I wanted to see a picture of your wedding dress, too! Come on...

Anonymous said...

You're married now. You must blog about the nuptials.