Monday, November 26, 2007

THE fast green bike

The fast green bike has emerged from her summer slumber. She needed a little coaxing in the form of a little air in the old tires to ready her for the road. It was about a week ago that I dusted her off. I'm not so sure it was a happy occation for the old girl. She coughed and protested everytime I tried to switch her gears, making my legs jerk in an attempt to buck me off. When the old girl realized this was a failed effort she belched her chain off its tracks leaving me greasey and struggling to put it back on. Well, I got it. But in a way the fast green bike got me again. I was too scared to try to shift gears again for fear of her belching the chain off again so I was forced to pedal as fast as I could the rest of the way home because it was in the lowest gear possible. It's now about a week later and I am considering another ride. Never fear, their shall be many more tales from the bike to be told! Let's hope there's no blood shed this year...

2 comments:

Camille said...

I'm sure your bike is very nice, Allison, but I don't know that "fast" is an accurate describing word... It sounds more dangerous than anything!

: )

Anonymous said...

Good post.