Friday, September 21, 2007

Girl or Machine

I'm a little nervous here. I am taking a photo technique class and I am under the assumption that my instructor has hypnotized me into some horrible photo machine. I've become mechanical in a sense. Trudging along the fine line that is my life, camera in tow almost everywhere I go. (when it's not with me I inevitablely wish it was) Perfectly normal things are catching my attention. I turn to observe and feel my eyes rotate in and out like the auto focus on my camera. And, I also think it is how a fly's eye works. I don't know why I think that but I sure hope he hasn't hypnotized me into an insect. That would be very bad. A fly releases some kind of unmentionable bodily fluid every time it lands. So far THAT hasn't happened. (thankfully!) Back to the photo making machine I have become. I now scan every surface. Wow that has great texture. Look at that asymmetical set up. How much more geometric can you get. There's an implied line if there ever was one. I hope Mr. Zizzi snaps his finger when the class is over so I can be my nearly normal self again. Hopefully a better photographer too!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the wonderful world of photography. Where everything you see is through the camera's viewfinder, and you are seeking that perfect composition. It's not a disease or even hypnosis, it's an addiction! Have fun with it.

Matt

Anonymous said...

Isn't photography fun?!?! I love it! You'll look at the world differently now that you've started looking at it from a photographers perspective. Everything will be about quality of light, shadows and composition.

Have fun! I'm looking forward to seeing how you grow as an "arteest"!